September Athlete of the Month - Jana Kent
Tell us a little about yourself: Age? Occupation? Married/Single? Kids?
My name is Jana, Im 33yrs old, I am a Registered Nurse in the Emergency Department, I have 2 boys and Im with Mauricio who also goes to Crossfit Murrieta and he is the one that introduced Crossfit to me.
1. What is your athletic background? Hobbies?
Before I started Crossfit, I used to go to the gym about 4 times a week, did mostly cardio. On my free time I like going to crossfit, hiking, watching movies, camping and spending time with my family.
2. If you could program a WOD for CFM, what would it be?
3. What are your favorite meals or "Cheat" foods?
My favorite cheat food is any Thai food and carne asada fries, carne asada
burrito, and tacos. I love food!
4. What song do you hope comes on mid-WOD?
“Welcome to the Jungle”- Guns N’ Roses
5. Favorite & least favorite CrossFit movements? Why?
The least favorite movement are snatches because its challenging to do the proper form with weight so I try my best to make an effort to practice more. My favorite movement are deadlifts!
6. What is your most recent PR? What is your next goal?
My most recent PR is back squat at 175lbs and being able to hit “RX” on a WOD the other day. My next goal would be to increase weights on the WODs.
7. What keeps you coming back to CFM to achieve your goals?
Crossfit Murrieta is such a positive environment with wonderful people and that’s what makes me come back. I like the atmosphere and the WODs challenge me every day.
8. Any advice to those who are just starting out?
My best advice is to stay consistent and keep going. Practice, practice, practice and each day is a new day to do better.