August Athlete of the Month - Zach Martin
1. Tell us a little about yourself: Age? Occupation? Married/Single? Kids?
Zach Martin, I'm 26 years old from Murrieta. Currently, I'm a paramedic in Riverside County with the goal of eventually working at a Fire Department as a firefigher/paramedic.
2. What is your athletic background? Hobbies?
I played all kinds of sports up through high school and was introduced to crossfit-style workouts when I was in the Army. I have been going to "globo gyms" as Ken would call them, for about 6 years now.
I also love snowboarding in the winter and camping at the beach in the summer.
3. If you could program a WOD for CFM, what would it be?
I would add "suns out guns out" to the end of every wod. lol just kidding, kinda
4. What are your favorite meals or "Cheat" foods?
My go to weekly cheat meal is 2 double doubles, 2 fries, and Neapolitan shake from in n out
5. What song do you hope comes on mid-WOD?
Shots & Squats by Vigiland
6. Favorite & least favorite CrossFit movements?
My favorite movement would probably be squat cleans and muscle ups now that I can finally do them.
My least favorite would definitely be power snatches
7. What is your most recent PR? What is your next goal?
My most recent PR was Deadlift @ 335lbs
My next goal is Back Squat @ 270 next week
8. What keeps you coming back to CFM to achieve your goals?
I love the team atmosphere at CFM. All the workouts are different and challenge me everyday.
9. Any advice to those who are just starting out?
Stick with it, use wodify to log your times and weight to track progress, and LISTEN TO THE COACHES!