March Athlete of the Month Joey Mashchak
1. Tell us a little about yourself: Age? Occupation? Married/Single? Kids?
32 years old / Sales & Marketing Manager / I have a beautiful girlfriend Lindsey Lovell
2. What is your athletic background? Hobbies?
I love most forms of sports and competition. My favorite hobbies are racing and riding mountain bikes and dirt bikes, and doing CrossFit.
3. If you could program a WOD for CFM, what would it be?
Warm up: 800m run then 1000m row and 20 GH, stretches, and Angie: 100 pull-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups and 100 squats.
4. What are your favorite meals or "Cheat" foods?
My girlfriend makes a mean shrimp rice bowl with sweet potatoes, mushrooms, avocado, and broccoli.
5. What song do you hope comes on mid-WOD?
For A Better Day (DubVision Remix) gets me going
6. Favorite & least favorite CrossFit movements? Why?
Favorite: Power Clean because it’s the only Olympic lift that I have been able to move some actual weight in. Least favorite: Double-unders because I get frustrated.
7. What is your most recent PR? What is your next goal?
Doing toes-to-bar more efficiently.
8. What keeps you coming back to CFM to achieve your goals?
The coaches - Helping me with my areas of weakness.
9. Any advice to those who are just starting out? Do the best you can as hard as you can, then do a little bit more. And then, a little bit more than that. And you’ll get to where you want to be.