April Athlete of the Month - Renchell Rhodes
1. Tell us a little about yourself: Age? Occupation? Married/Single? Kids?
HI!! I am 34 years old and CEO of Rhodes House (aka Stay-at-home-mom) :) Married, and we have 2 kids, Kellan-6 and Ashlyn-4
2. What is your athletic background? Hobbies?
I played soccer from a young age to high school. Since then I have always stayed active by going to the gym and running. On the weekends we love being outdoors with the kids: biking, hiking, going to the beach, etc!
3. If you could program a WOD for CFM, what would it be?
Running of course!
10 Burpees over the bar
10 Power Clean 125/85
4. What are your favorite meals or "Cheat" foods?
It’s not a food, but wine is definitely my favorite cheat!
5. What song do you hope comes on mid-WOD?
Social Distortion “Reach for the Sky"
Drake “Gods Plan”
6. Favorite & least favorite CrossFit movements? Why?
Favorites would be running and power cleans. Least favorite is the squat snatch because I feel super off balance catching that bar in a squat.
7. What is your most recent PR? What is your next goal?
135lb Clean during 18.2a! My current goal is working on stringing movements together more smoothly (i.e.: Double-unders, pull-ups, toes-to-bar, etc.) Maybe even a muscle up one of these days :)
8. What keeps you coming back to CFM to achieve your goals?
I love the challenges that every WOD presents, seeing how far i can push my mind and body. It’s the best feeling when I do something that I didn’t think I could! Also, the coaches are so helpful and will work with you however they can to see you achieve your goals. The camaraderie of everyone at CFM is so special! Everyone is supportive and cheers each other on, it makes working out fun!
9. Any advice to those who are just starting out?
Try to stay consistent and don’t give up! There are so many knowledgable people and coaches, so don’t be afraid to ask for advice. Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!