November Athlete of the Month--April Hunck
1. Tell us a little about yourself: Age? Occupation? Married/Single? Kids?
Hey everyone! I’m 40 years old and I am a United States Marine. I’ve been in the Marine Corps for the past 21 years and still going strong! I’m married to my husband Tory going on 20 years. We have 3 beautiful children; Ashley who is 19, Joshua who is 17 and Johanna who is 16.
2. What is your athletic background? Hobbies?
Growing up I played Basketball in High School. Tried Softball and track but wasn’t very good at it. I love to workout! CrossFit, Gym rat stuff, PT with the Marines, anything to get the blood pumping and some good ole friendly competition. When I’m not working out I’m spending time with my family.
3. If you could program a WOD for CFM, what would it be?
40 PULL UPS
30 DL 255/185
20 POWER CLEANS 185/135
10 PUSH JERKS 155/115
4. What are your favorite meals or "Cheat" foods?
Favorite meal would have to be Puerto Rican rice and beans, pork roast and salad. Favorite cheat food would be PIZZA! I love food…lol.
5. What song do you hope comes on mid-WOD?
DJ Khaled “All I do is win” !
6. Favorite & least favorite CrossFit movements? Why?
Favorite CrossFit movement would be Dead Lifts and Cleans. Something about picking up that heavy weight and setting it down!! Least favorite is anything gymnastics. I am not graceful. Never did anything gymnastic like before so it’s hard for me to master those movements.
7. What is your most recent PR? What is your next goal?
My most recent PR is a 170lb Push Jerk. My next goal would be to finally get Bar Muscle ups. It’s been in CrossFit open for the past couple of years and I’ve had to scale that workout because of it.
8. What keeps you coming back to CFM to achieve your goals?
I love the camaraderie. The people I’ve had the pleasure of working out with, the coaches at CrossFit Murrieta, are all awesome! The 0500 crew has some crazy people…gotta be to come in that early! We push each other to the limit, and keep going. Thank you!
9. Any advice to those who are just starting out?
Keep showing up and be consistent! The change will not happen overnight. And remember this is supposed to be “fun”!